Tips for Success with Glisten
- Slow the machine speed down when embroidering with Glisten. Sews well up to 850 rpm.
- Avoid using Glisten for small lettering.
- Use soft and pliable backings. Metallic threads typically have a difficult time getting through hard or stiff backings.
- Use needles with a large eye in order for the thread to pass through the needle eye easily. Sizes such as 65/9, 70/10, and 75/11 are generally recommended.
- Use new needles when possible. Burrs or rough spots on the needle will result in more thread breaks.
- Reduce and keep tensions loose.